Thursday, August 21, 2008

Castle?


We're hearing this a lot. And by a lot, I mean at least 3 thousand times a day. Mike and I made a countdown calendar a few weeks ago since we're all really excited about our upcoming trip to Disney World but we've created a bit of a monster. Princesses--- especially "Off White" are all the rage in our house right now and she's been just a little bit Mickey obsessed since our birthday trip to Disneyland with my mom last year.
I have a feeling that it's going to feel like a very looooooooong 3 hours on that flight to Orlando. We're so excited, though. I can't wait to watch her take it all in.


We've had a busy couple of weeks around here...

Lily's Nana and Grandpa were here for a quick visit (notice the current signature cheese/silly face. We have no idea where this one came from but it cracks us up!).

They were a huge help in getting us to start fixing up our backyard and Lily was sooooo happy to see them. It was such a fun weekend.

Even though our parents live so far away from us, all of them do such a fantastic job in being a part of Lily's life. We love that and are so, so thankful.

It was so unbelievably hot and they ended up digging 8 gigantic holes. 8! I don't know how they did it but I'm thrilled. Lily was very helpful in throwing rocks and dirt back into the holes that Daddy and Grandpa worked so hard to dig. :) It'll be fun to watch our baby stick trees grow up along with our baby.
The potty has made its big debut in our living room. I really want to know who decided to make the toilet ring removable... kids like mine look at that and see its potential as a fabulous accessory. We've decided that we'll put off training for a few more months.
Lots of helping happening around here too. I blame much of this on the big girl stool. I picked it up at Ikea a few months ago and she fell in love with it immediately.... so, so happy to be able to get right up to our level and help out when needed. The only problem: she can't get down on her own. Well, she can, but she won't. So, we alternate between helpful and helpless moments quite a bit. Usually when she finishes whatever she's doing up there, we'll hear "heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp" or "I stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!"

Because of all of this, the local library may never get back their copy of "Mr. Cookie Baker." She asks to bake every day.
I have the sneaking suspiscion it's not about the baking, though. Check out my little taste tester.
It's been a good summer.


However; Fall.... if you're out there..... it's okay to show your face. I've had my fill of the steamy Texas summer experience and am ready to bust out my pumpkins!



Bring on the castle.


2 comments:

Shandrea said...

I am so excited for you and your trip. She really is a little princess and it's about time she gets to visit her castle!

Mike said...

I am leaving this comment because my wife said I never leave comments.