Saturday, August 30, 2008

Mr. Puffer

After a 4 month absence, he's back. All of us-- especially Lily-- were really hoping that we wouldn't need him again. To say that she's not a fan is a massive understatement.

But after a major wheezing episode this week--so terribly scary--it looks like he's here to stay.

I've been thinking a lot this week about how lucky we are to have a baby who, for the most part, is very healthy. I cannot even imagine what it must be like for parents whose children have extreme illnesses. For me, this is more than enough. My heart has been aching watching her in such misery and I worry about how it will affect her in the future.

Knowing that this is something we'll have to do with her at least once, we've been cheering her on for doing it herself. She's such a tough kid.

Hopefully we'll see the return of our usual smiley, spunky girl by the start of the new week. In the meantime, we're holding her close and reminding her often of how much she's loved.

1 comment:

Shandrea said...

Oh, how my heart goes out to you and your sweet little one. We are so concerned about her and we are hoping for the best. She is so precious to our family.