Friday, September 5, 2008

yIKEs.


We're getting ready to leave for Florida and being spoiled-by-all-the-time-fantastic-weather-former Californians... we're a little freaked. Even worse, anyone who knows me also knows that I'm a nut about flying. I'd never, ever let my fear get in the way of traveling but it's still really rough for me. So adding hurricane force winds to the equation makes me a little bit... extra nuts.

Luckily, I have these two cloned goofballs to keep my mind off all of that

Yep, somebody's feeling better and we're so relieved. She's still got a hacking cough but her doctor promises that it's a positive thing. I sure hope so.

Anyway, it seems silly to whine about all of this hurricane stuff when there are people out there worried about losing their homes. I know it's just a vacation. However; as a family, we reeeeeeeeeeeally need this time together and it's so hard not to be selfish. So Ike and Hanna, get lost.

Oh, and by the way, on top of becoming hurricane experts this week we've also learned quite a bit about the de-skunkification process and the magic of vinegar. ::gag:: More on that another day, though.

We're off to get our packing on (with space bags, of course).


No comments: