Lily Bean. Buddy. Big Girl. Lil. Bug. Lovey. Buggaboo. Pumpkin. Lils. Sweetheart. Peanut. Lilapie. Stinkpot. Monkey. Love. Big Sister. Spazzy McGee. LILY KATE VAUGHN (!!!!)...
How in the world are you almost 3? I swear just yesterday you looked like this
But here you are... such a big girl with so much going on in your little world.
* Everything is a song... Daddy and I love to listen to you on the monitor when you play in your room and act out princess movies, providing the full soundtrack along the way. Ariel's got nothing on you.
* You ask me everyday if we can bake something together and it usually has to be pink. Or orange. "Pinkalicious" has convinced you that if you eat enough of something, your skin will turn its same color. You get disappointed when it doesn't happen.
* Something we're trying to instill in you right now: love your life, not your stuff
* The minute we put on your floaties, you're off and swimming to the opposite side of the pool.
* We are really, really working on inside and outside voices right now. The "ABC" song is sung 10000 times a day and can be heard throughout our neighborhood.
*You are testing us like crazy. When you don't get an answer you like, you collapse into a sobbing puddle or look us straight in the eyes and ask "why?!!" Despite efforts to help you branch out, you are very picky about what you eat. Sleep still isn't your favorite thing. You ant to do every.single.thing by yourself. Daddy and I are trying our best to stay patient because we love you so much and know this is all a big part of growing up.
* You get so excited over the smallest things and every stranger is a friend (this terrifies us).
* You still refuse to wear jeans and insist on dresses most days. Pink dresses. And nightgowns for naptime. We try to go with the flow and let you choose whatever you're comfy in. The battles that were happening over getting dressed were getting ugly. And loud.
* You cannot wait to start gymnastics and school next month and are soooo proud of your new backpack and lunchbox. It is, of course, pink with princesses.
* No more pullups in our house and we are thriiiiiiiiiilled!
* You love to read. Love it. The books in your room are overflowing and you've still managed to memorize every single one. We're starting to get into chapter books. You and I can hang for hours sipping Jamba Juice and pouring over pages at the book store. You love storytime at the library on Mondays ("uno, dos, tres, it's story time...").
* You're already talking about your birthday. Two things are musts according to you: Taryn and cake. :) You love your "very best" friend so much and talk about her every day.
*You've spent the last 2 Saturdays with Uncle Todd and Auntie Kris and it's made you so, so happy. You hop in their car without a second thought and wave goodbye with a big grin on your face... hours later, you're home giggly and full of stories about your time with them. Love that.
* Jack continues to be your "best brother." You come into our room in the morning and squeal when he opens his eyes and looks at you. You tell us that you've taught him to smile and are so proud each time he does.You are a wonderful, loving big sister and Daddy and I both agree that you add color to our lives like no one else could. You are so very loved, Lil.