Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Three.



Happy birthday, Lily bean. I love how this year when I ask you about why you think I'm excited about celebrating your birthday, you tell me "because I made you a mama and that made us family." You did and I am thankful for that every day.



We had a blast at your party (Grandma and I have the rope burns to prove it).



Daddy and I were so proud of you for stopping to thank each friend after you had opened your gifts. You hugged each one of them without any prompting. We have been working hard on thank you notes ever since because we want you to realize how important it is to let people know how you appreciate them. I think you do.







My teeny tiny 6 pound, 6 ounce baby girl is growing up way too fast. What a year this has been for you! You became a big sister and wear that title like a badge. Your brother loves you so much. You started school and we crack up at how every parent tells us their child calls you their "very best friend." Little do they know that your loyalty likes with Taryn and Mr. Blanks.



You are just so friendly, love people and love to LOVE. School started out rocky with your refusal to nap, but with the help of Ms. Kendra and Ms. Heather, you are doing so much better. Your teachers tells us that you are a good listener, learn quickly and love to sing and dance. They also say that you are the class leader. This doesn't surprise us (admittedly, it scares me). We are relieved and proud to hear that you are behaving so well there.



You amaze me every day. At 3, you are so many different things-- a worrier, smart, curious, funny, outgoing, caring, spunky and sassy. Even when some of those qualities land you in time out:), I am unbelievably proud to be your mom.



I love you, birthday girl.

No comments: