Friday, January 22, 2010

Good day sunshine

FINALLY outside again.



My California blooded babies and I celebrating the return of warm, sunny days.



Choosing just the right shady spot, spreading out our blanket and opening up a princess lunchbox.



Kicking back and watching birds fly by while sipping drinks from Sonic and eating jelly sandwiches and mashed bananas.



Doing things all by herself.... except when she somehow manages to boss kids twice her age into doing it for her.



Thinking that she's swinging high enough to touch the moon and squealing as she goes.



And a little guy cuddled up close to me, soaking it all in with a serious expression. Every once in a while, grinning at the children running past him or tilting his head backwards to glance up at me and giggle.



Happy. Really, really enjoying time spent together with my kids. Exactly the kind of day I imagined when I used to wonder what it would be like to have children of my own. Didn't lead to a nap for either one of them... but still... a very, very good day.

No comments: