Friday, May 7, 2010

the mama tea

Making the decision to have a child--it's momentous.
It is to decide forever to
have your heart go walking around
outside your body. - Elizabeth Stone


Jack and I had a lovely surprise when we went to pick up Lil from preschool this week.



Someone was thrilled to see his sister. She and her school best bud, "the OTHER Lily," kept yelling "HEY! Look at my baby!"



She and the rest of the class were so excited to treat all of the moms to a "fancy tea."



They each brought us plates of goodies and cups of tea (iced and sweet, of course, because we live in Texas). Jack was all over it.



Since I spent years helping kids make gifts like these I've been looking forward to receiving them for the longest time. They are so sweet, made with so much love and I cherish them.



All week, I've been thinking about this song. I've been singing it to Lily and Jack since before they were born and it always makes them both smile.
They didn't have you where I come from
Never knew the best was yet to come
Life began when I saw your face
And I hear your laugh like a serenade

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up
Above everything, I always wanted to be a mom. I am so thankful to be living the life that I imagined...

No comments: