Friday, February 4, 2011

may all your valentine's days be white





Since this is the second year in a row that we've seen snow close to Valentine's Day, my daughter is convinced that it just goes along with the holiday. Hearts, love and snow. Makes sense to me. 


In fact, I kind of love that. So her.

She has been telling us for weeks that it would happen and I'm so glad that it did.




She was the last one to wake up. It was a grouchy wakeup.... that is, until I opened her window and she looked outside. I'm sure our neighbors heard her squeal "YEEEEEEEEESSS! SNOOOOOOW!"


I loved today. ALL of us were off on an official snow day.


It was a constant cycle of coming in the house to sit by the fire and then out again once the feeling had returned to our fingers and toes.


We didn't ditch the pjs that we wore under our coats until 4pm, when most of the snow had already melted.


We had fun.... laughed until we cried at our crazy boy, who fell face first into the snow and only began to fuss when we brought him inside to make sure no damage had been done.


He'd have stayed outside all day long if we'd let him.


He took time to taste a couple of flakes. They got an "mmmmmmmm!"


And the realization that not only was this fabulous white stuff fun to run in but it could be shaped into a ball.... well, that pretty much blew his mind.


Such a fun day.

And just in case it doesn't happen again any time soon, we've got a couple of snowballs stored away in our freezer. According to our girl, "we might need them one day."  I guess you never know. :)

No comments: